Saturday, January 12, 2013

Virginia Madsen Plastic Surgery Before and After Botox Injection and Nose Job

Oscar nominated actress Virginia Madsen has admitted to having both Botox and Juvederm injections, according to the latest People Magazine:

Pointing to the bridge between her eyes, the Sideways Oscar nominee, 45, told a New York press luncheon that “over the years” she’s put the wrinkle-erasing product to use in order to deal with her “11″ lines, and “more recently,” she said, she’s also used Juvéderm to correct the creases at the sides of her mouth. “

As I started to talk about it and as it ended up in print there was such an overwhelming response from friends and family, lots and lots of actors, people on the street,” said Madsen, who is the new spokesperson for Allergan, Inc. – the maker of Botox and Juvéderm. “They were surprised that I looked so ‘normal.’ ”

Madsen, whose mother, Elaine Madsen, was at her side, said: “That is how it should be. I don’t have that sort of frozen look that we have talked about.”

She really looks good. There are SO many actors and actresses who have Botox treatments but don’t admit to it (which is just fine) or speak out against it (which is hypocritical). It’s nice to see someone come out of the Botox closet without worry. I wonder how much the company is paying her?

Virginia Madsen: Botox Now, Plastic Surgery Later

Oscar-nominated actress Virginia Madsen is very open about her choices in life, including her use of Botox and Juvederm. While other Hollywood figures busy themselves with lying about getting plastic surgery, Virginia feels that there is no need to hide what she sees as just another choice she makes to express herself. Virginia is so serious about empowering women with honest information about beauty choices that she’s even teamed up with Allergan, the makers of Botox Cosmetic to educate consumers about it. In Make Me Heal‘s exclusive interview with Virginia, the 46-year old actress candidly discusses what work she’s gotten done and what she hasn’t had done — yet.

Can you please describe your daily beauty regimen?

Virginia Madsen: I don’t have such a daily routine so much as I just really take care of myself. I get enough sleep. I have a really good breakfast in the morning and take care of my skin and I guess it’s not really that complicated what I do. I do use La Mer which is the only product I use that’s really expensive. Everything else is Nivea and Neutrogena.

After giving birth, what did you do to get your body back into your pre-mommy shape?

Virginia Madsen: I never got back to pre-mommy shape. I got better. I had a really hard time of it. I didn’t really bounce back at all. My son was 5-years old and I still hadn’t lost the baby weight and I was really unhealthy. I knew that I had to make some serious changes in my life overall. So started working out. I started taking Pilates. I started going on hikes with my son. And around this time, as things began to change, a friend of mine suggested that I try Botox Cosmetic. And I was like, oh I don’t know about that. So I asked a lot of questions of my doctor and found the right dermatologist and I started doing that and as my body began to change, I started to look on the outside as I felt on the inside. And Hollywood took notice and I started working again. And with success came better jobs and a lot of attention and it was a couple years after Sideways that I said in an article that I use Botox and it was big news. And everyone wanted to know about it. And I figured, fine, no problem I’ll tell you all about it.


How did you decide to become a spokesperson for Botox?

Virginia Madsen: Allergan is the company that makes Botox Cosmetic and they had a really wonderful idea to set up a website. We did do a safety campaign where we went around the country urging people to only use Botox under the supervision of a doctor and to find the right doctor because as the word got out that I use this product, nobody had asked me who my doctor was and I felt really strongly in my personal life, before the campaign, that I had to tell people to do this safely. Don’t go to a Botox party. Don’t use a substitute. Get the facts and go to the right doctor. So when they came and had this campaign idea I said, yes, absolutely, I’m in, and that’s how that happened.

It was such an incredible experience over that year just being able to talk to so many women. And as we talked about why is everyone being so hush-hush about Botox Cosmetic. Why is it a taboo subject? Why can’t we talk about it in the open? And all kinds of women’s issues came up in these gatherings so we all wanted to continue it through the next year and the idea came up for the Freedom of Expression campaign. That we would team up with the League of Women Voters because what better way to express yourself this year than to vote? It’s been a really great, rewarding experience.

Which leads to our next question; who is your doctor?
Virginia Madsen: I see two different doctors. Dr. Rish in Beverly Hills and his partner, Sherry Feldman. I see both of them and I see them because I felt comfortable with them. I also appreciated the time they spent with me and answering every question that I had, no matter how silly it may have seemed. And they wanted to know what kind of results I wanted. It wasn’t really about what does this do if you inject it. It was, well, what do you want it to do? How do you want to look? Your treatment should be custom made, like mine.

How did you research Botox?


Virginia Madsen: I didn’t have the website then, so I first asked my regular doctor where I could find a dermatologist or certified plastic surgeon. And I tried to find whatever I could find online but it seemed to be just facts and figures and people’s experiences. But I thought it was best to go to the source. So I went to a doctor, I didn’t really feel great about him and found another one. And that’s really where I did my research, through him; through different things he had me read. So I got the real, medical facts.

So when you did have the Botox how much was injected? What areas?

Virginia: I don’t know. I just know I started very small, just where that 11 is between your eyebrows. And it was sort of stamped into my forehead and I didn’t like it, so I treated it there. And I just wanted to make sure everything still moved. And I do it twice a year and I really like my results.

So the results last about 6 months?

Virginia Madsen: Yes, although it didn’t in the beginning. It’s different for everybody; depending on your body chemistry and how you’re using it. Mine at first just lasted about 3 months, but now over the years it seems to last a lot longer.